Pages

Wednesday, 16 April 2014

Living Slow and Urgent

This week I read a blog post on a blog I follow quite regularly called, The Art of Simple.  It was a bit surreal, and even Ken thought so too, that the story of the girl was reading was so similar to my own.  You can read it here. Both she and I have journeyed through saying yes to everything, living a frantic life and making ourselves ill in the process - all while still in our twenties.  We've both come out of the other side with a vow to learn to slow down, simplify, and say no to some stuff so we can purposefully plan in space in our lives rather than planning every moment of every day of every week.  We've also both been impacted to read the book "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp during this season - and I know I mention it a lot but even now, re-reading it, there's some life lessons in there that I don't want to forget.  I blogged a while ago on a section that stuck out to me (you can find that post here), and it's mentioned in this girls blog post too and was a good reminder to me so I wanted to share it with you and hope it's a lesson for you today too...


No comments:

Post a Comment